Wow. Freelancing can be confusing. Tough, in fact.
When I first started this crazy life, I had to figure out so much. To make matters worse, I had to do nearly everything alone.
I’ve freelanced since ’95 and opened Filbert Publishing in ’01. That feels like a million years ago, and it probably is in Internet time.
Through the years, I’ve made every mistake possible. Twice. (The second time was verification of said mistake.) 😛
Through the years I’ve figured out how to:
- Research not only your topic, but potential audience for your project
- How to test ideas before you invest a ton of time in them
- Create a profitable zine for little to no money investment
- Create autoresponder series that keep subscribers engaged
- Work with various email marketing companies
- How to easily spot a scam
- Create a profitable website… an easy peasy method
- Build a strong author platform that’ll weather nearly anything life can throw at it
If you’re thinking of publishing a book, I can show you how to:
- Publish “work horse” titles that create a steady income
- Separate truth from myth… the crazy stuff permeating the publishing world
- Use your book as a calling card; the best advertisement EVER
- Properly register your project, set up all the paperwork to properly list it everywhere that matters
- Retain permanent ownership of every aspect of your work
- Create blurbs that sell, copywriting techniques most authors either don’t know or ignore
- How to keep your project lean, mean, and profitable
- Finding the best collaborators, designers, formatters, etc.
- Are you a DIY person? No problem. I can show you how to work with each company
- So many options! Self publishing. Traditional publishing! Hybred! Which is best? (Answer: it depends.)
If you’re a smart freelancer, you’ll create multiple streams of income. I can help you:
- Work through freelancing challenges (time, health, life upheavals)
- Launch and work as a coach/consultant
- Figure out sane social marketing
- Paid ads? Yeah. Sometimes they work. Under certain circumstances
- How to set realistic goals… and meet them
- How to get the most out of conferences… if you roll that way
- How to succeed on your own terms
- And so much more
If you’ve got questions, I can likely give you a leg up.
Best of all, you can choose from multiple options. Just check ’em out:
One on One Coaching. Topic? I specialize in publishing, freelancing, making a living as a writer. Current topics include:
Selling Your Writing — Strategies to Maximize Your Time/Effort
Public Relations — Promoting Your Product/Service for (basically) free
Implementing Your Strategy — How to Cultivate a Profitable Writing Biz
Copywriting 101 — Selling in Print
Coaching isn’t your cuppa tea? How about downloading a mini course? Check out our selection here. (Link coming soon!)
Check out our Podcast. I often answer reader questions there.
Still have questions? Shoot ’em my way. 🙂
If you want to make a living as a Creative Entrepreneur… sooner rather than later… contact me.