Got a great book? Want to publish it but don’t know where to start?
We can help make the process easier…
This option is for fun authors who have written a book outside the genre we traditionally publish. It’s also for authors who want to publish a trade paperback title and skip the ebook stage. This program is also for authors who desire a higher royalty rate.
Here’s the deal: this plan is similar to our traditional publishing option except, for a small fee, you’ll receive a higher royalty rate, your title will instantly be offered as both a trade paperback and ebook, and you’ll have the option to terminate the contract at any time. Otherwise, it’s quite similar. In fact, your customers won’t be able to tell the difference between those we’ve published traditionally and those who have opted for this option.
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- Royalties on paperbacks are 35 percent of the retail price (instead of 10), ebooks are 70 percent on net (instead of 50) (net = retail minus bookstore fees). We pay you quarterly, no reserve for returns.
- Editing, ISBN, book cover, formatting assistance… everything you need to get a beautiful book to market.
- You work directly with Beth. E-mail at any time. You can also schedule phone conversations to ask questions. We’ll help you set up a marketing plan so you’re not alone in this endeavor. We’re a small publishing company so your project will receive personalized attention. You’re not a number.
- Your title will be connected to an established publishing company with over ten years experience under our belt, it’s often easier to sell a book that hasn’t been blatantly “self published.”
- While brick and mortar bookstores probably won’t automatically stock your book, they can easily order it. Your book will also be available at online stores in the US as well as other countries through Ingram’s catalog. We may be a small company, but we work with the same wholesalers and distributors as the big names in publishing.
- You can purchase extra copies of your book at a deep discount.
- You’re not alone! If you have questions, you can email or call. If you need help, we can probably lend a hand. We’re in this together because if you win, we win.
- We’re a small company. We don’t have thousands of authors on our payroll and we probably never will. We like working with a small group of dedicated authors. We like publishing. We like watching our authors succeed.
- We’ll publish quality books in nearly any genre under this program.
- Right now we can only offer this option to US residents. Also, the books published under this program are ebooks as well as trade paperbacks, full color cover, black and white interior. Full color (interior as well as exterior) books may (or may not) come later.
What does this program cost?
We’re just launching so for a short time, you can get your whole project to market for $599.00 plus a yearly catalog fee of $18.
That’s it. No hidden fees.
I know you’ve got questions. Don’t hesitate to send them my way.
Please note, due to the proliferation of spam and the automatic deleting our filters sometimes does, we cannot guarantee that we’ll receive your e-mail query. Just an FYI. If you don’t hear back within a reasonable amount of time, re-send the query.
VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure to put “Assisted Self Publishing” in your subject line.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maury Erickson, Director of Acquisitions and Distribution