Got a great book? Want to self publish it but don’t know where to start?
We’ll make the process easier…
Here’s the deal: this plan is similar to our traditional publishing option except, for a small fee, you’ll become a legit Filbert Publishing author while receiving a higher royalty rate, your title will instantly be offered as both a trade paperback and ebook, and you’ll have the option to terminate the contract at any time. Otherwise, it’s quite similar. In fact, your customers won’t be able to tell the difference between the books we’ve published traditionally and those who have opted for this program.
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- Royalties on paperbacks are 35 percent based on the retail price (instead of 10), ebooks are 70 percent on net (instead of 50) (net = retail price minus bookstore fees). We pay you quarterly, no reserve for returns.
- Editing, ISBN, book cover, formatting assistance… everything you need to get a beautiful book to market.
- You work directly with Beth. E-mail at any time. You can also schedule phone conversations to ask questions. We’ll help you set up a marketing plan so you’re not alone in this endeavor. We’re a small publishing company so your project will receive personalized attention. You’re not a number.
- Your title will be connected to an established publishing company with many years experience under our belt (we begain Filbert Publishing in ’01). It’s often easier to sell a book that hasn’t been blatantly “self published.”
- While brick and mortar bookstores probably won’t automatically stock your book, they can easily order it. Your book will be available at online stores in the US as well as other countries through Ingram’s catalog. We may be a small company, but we work with the same wholesalers and distributors as the big names in publishing.
- You can purchase extra copies of your book at a deep discount.
- You’re not alone! If you have questions, you can email or schedule a call. If you need help, we can probably lend a hand. We’re in this together because if you win, we win.
- We’re a small company. We don’t have thousands of authors on our payroll and we probably never will. We like working with a small group of dedicated authors. We like publishing. We like watching our authors succeed.
- We’ll publish quality books in nearly any genre under this program. That said, every potential manuscript goes through rigorous screening. If you become a Filbert Author, you’ll join the ranks of some AWESOME authors.
- Right now we can only offer this option to US residents. Also, the books published under this program are ebooks as well as trade paperbacks, full-color cover, black and white interior. Full color (interior as well as exterior) books may (or may not) come later.
What does this program cost? We’re just launching so for a short time, you can get your whole project to market for $599.00 plus a yearly catalog fee of $18.
That’s it. No hidden fees.
That said, if you want to keep your project under your own publishing company’s banner, we’re happy to give you a hand with that as well! Click here to see our a la carte menu. 🙂
I know you’ve got questions. Don’t hesitate to send them my way.
Please note, due to the proliferation of spam and the automatic deleting by our filters, we cannot guarantee that we’ll receive your e-mail query. Just an FYI. If you don’t hear back within a reasonable amount of time, re-send the query.
VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure to put “Assisted Self Publishing” in your subject line.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maury Erickson, Director of Acquisitions and Distribution